- BIRTH: Born Nov. 1, 1923, in Charlotte; moved to Hamlet at age 3
- OCCUPATION: Retired lawyer and businessman; N.C. A&T engineering professor, 1946-1949
- BUSINESSES: Partner in the now-defunct Lee, High, Taylor, Dansby and Stanback law firm; developer, Cumberland Shopping Center, Lincoln Grove Shopping Center, the N.C. Mutual building; former president and chairman emeritus, American Federal Savings and Loan Association; and founder of Carolina Nursing Center.
- FAMILY: Wife, Nancy Young Lee; Son (deceased) attorney Michael Lee
- EDUCATION: B.S. in electrical engineering, N.C. A&T, 1946; law degree, UNC-Chapel Hill, 1952
- MILITARY SERVICE: U.S. Navy, World War II, second mate electrician, 1944-1946
- ORGANIZATIONS: Former vice chairman of the N.C. Housing Finance Agency; founding member, Southeastern Lawyer's Association; founding member, N.C. A&T Alumni Association; board member, N.C. Banking Commission; inducted into Greensboro Business Leaders Hall of Fame.